DreamWorks Design Supervisor, CG-TV
Responsible for maintaining the creative look, style and design for a CG show in alignment with the Supervising Producer, TV or Executive Producer, TV vision. Oversee a team of designers to ensure the look of the show while aligning with the confines of the production schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Supervising Producer to review all scripts and storyboards in detail and discuss the visual elements required.
- Responsible for working with the design team to create the style guides, model packets, expressions, character construction and turnarounds.
- Ensure all deadlines are met while providing rough and clean designs as needed. Provide notes on an ongoing basis to local and partner studio while ensuring an efficient workflow. Ensure production staff are made aware of issues or changes.
- Provide appropriate mentorship and guidance to design team.
- May need to generate rough designs and retake materials as needed.
- Cast work appropriately to design team and provide clear directives or specific design needs to both artists and production staff. Be available to address questions and concerns.
- Review all designs with artist team. Ensure notes and changes are adhered to. Create designs as needed.
- Mange the entire design process including tracking the status of assignments, questions and ensure all deadlines are met. Work with other creative department heads to review designs and layouts and ensure revisions are monitored.
- Evaluate all designs against storyboards to ensure all elements are present and that continuity is adhered to.
- Manage the Background Painters and Color Stylists to ensure all needs / requirements are discussed. Collaborate on all creativedirectives including style, palette and lighting requirements. Oversee changes and revisions through to completion.
- May be required to participate in all color correction sessions.
- Collaborate with Producers and Network as needed. Provide artwork and / or materials for promotions, press or special projects.
- 3-5 years of experience needed.
- BA in Fine Arts or equivalent training / work experience.
- Significant painting and drawing experience necessary.
- Demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
- Understanding of all facets of the CG animation process.
- Strong knowledge of color theory, lighting, staging and perspective.
- Strong construction/mechanical skills.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Able to learn design software and hardware skills based on needs of the project
- Solid time-management skills
How to Apply
Include a resume and cover letter. We require both for all submissions.
To submit your information, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put the position name (or code if applicable) in the subject line
We apologize that due to the volume of submissions we’re unable to personally respond to each applicant or inquiry. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you.