STORYBOARD ARTIST (“LUCKY”)
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Storyboard Artist for its new TV movie, Lucky. This position will last 3 or 4 months. MUST HAVE A KNACK FOR COMEDY. PREFERABLY AN ARTIST WITH EXPERIENCE ON BOARD-DRIVEN PROJECTS.
- Meet with creative supervisors to discuss objectives of storyboard; what is desired or to be achieved.
- Create storyboards by implementing storytelling objectives.
- Follow instructions of creative supervisors.
- Address any problems with creative supervisors; ask necessary questions.
- Communicate progress of work to creative supervisors and to appropriate production staff.
- Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in storyboard work.
- Follow proper document management requirements (i.e., file naming and storage) according to the production’s guidelines.
- Meet all deadlines as determined by Line Producer or Production Manager.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings and pitches as needed.
- Maybe be required to pitch Storyboards.
- Ensure all storyboard notes are added.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
- Strong staging and composition skills.
- Understanding of subtext in character performance. Portfolio samples must demonstrate that all characters in a sequence do not behave the same. They are unique. Think about which character in a scene is dominant, which is submissive. What are the undercurrents? Whose scene is it?
- Strong drawing and mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software (Photoshop, Storyboard Pro) and hardware (Wacom Cintiq monitor and/or tablet).
- Strong time-management skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Ability to multitask a plus.
- Relevant drawing experience necessary.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year storyboard experience and/or training on a similar show; or equivalent combination of education and experience.