Location: Culver City, CA
Min. Experience: Experienced
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. Some of our recent credits include, Gangster Squad, Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, Once Upon a Time, Fringe and Falling Skies.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission. We invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of Sci-Fi and Fantasy Episodic Television. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
Our LA office is currently interested in Sr Character Animators available in June for our episodic department
Summary of Position
Works under the CG Supervisor to create realistic creature and character animation for episodic productions. Animators at Zoic may be asked to animate anything from an alien slug to a 6 legged chimera so strong visual understanding of anatomy and physics is a must.
- Realistic creature and character animation
- Ensuring animation meets production deadlines
- Ensuring animation meets quality standards
- Knowing and following all pipeline and studio policies and procedures
- Experience working as a character animator within television or commercials, a must.
- Experience animating in a realistic style
- Proficiency animating in Maya from reference, with the ability to take animation to final.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
- Positive attitude, hard worker, flexible schedule.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.