Maya Previs Animator
Pixomondo – Los Angeles, CA
Create previs versions of sequences and shots that help support the director’s intention via appropriate use of camera lenses & movement, composition, staging, motion blocking and editing.
Previs artists are tasked with producing creative and effective visual solutions to support both the story and technical requirements of films.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Follow Director(s) creative direction in the layout process.
• Adhere to the complexity of the movie.
• Take the vision of the Director(s), and block the existing boards to create a 3D version of the story reel with a unique layout of shots.
• Work with the Director(s) and CG Supervisor on the iterations of each shot/sequence.
• Define and interpret specific instructions from the Director(s) and production.
• Responsible for being knowledgeable about software used on the production, as it relates to the Rough Layout department.
• Adhere to Pipeline protocols for the Layout department, as governed by Production Engineering.
• Remain accountable for assigned shot count management through Layout process.
• Responsible for adhering to the complexity of the movie, within the scope of production.
• Responsible for adhering to the production schedule.
• Responsible for participation in the unification and initiatives for the studio within the RLO department.
• Attend meetings with RLO artists to keep the crew informed on show changes and requirements.
• Communicate in a timely fashion with APM and Production for all inter-department concerns.
• Attend Layout Reviews, Launches and Approvals with Production.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or Computer Animation required or equivalent work experience.
• 2+ years of experience creating cinematic pre-visualizations or rough layout for CG animation using MAYA.
• A strong interest in Rough Layout, Set Dressing and Stereoscopy.
• Knowledge in scene, shot, camera, and character composition is preferred.
• Exposure to modeling, lighting, texturing and animation is preferred.
• A good working knowledge of the principles of cinematic staging, blocking and camera work.
Job Type: Full-time
• Los Angeles, CA
Position: Line Producer
Location: Toronto, Canada
Facility: Deluxe Animation Studios
Deluxe Animation Studios is seeking an experienced Line Producer for an animated project. The Line Producer will manage the entire production and ensure its completion, on schedule, on budget, with an international team of artists.
- Collaborate with Client, Director, and department supervisors in the management of all phases of the production.
- Oversee the overall management of the departments, through scheduling, production planning, and troubleshooting.
- Work with Director and supervisors to find creative solutions for production problems that arise.
- Develop and use planning and tracking systems.
- Organize and manage production personnel.
- Generate and oversee reports.
The Line Producer position reports directly to Deluxe Animation’s Executive Management.
- Bachelor degree in Animation, Film, Art, Communications, Management or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of production management leadership experience. Animation experience is required.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with Executives, Clients, Directors, Supervisors, and Production Management throughout a production
- Broad background of experience in production.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to act decisively in a fast-paced high-pressure production environment.
- Must have strong project planning skills.
- Strong supervisory and delegation skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment with diverse personalities and work styles.
- Must have strong administration skills.
- Strong knowledge of project management software including Excel.
- Feature experience an asset.
Deluxe has policies in place to provide accommodation to job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation during the selection and hiring process.
Dreamworks TV – Post Production Assistant
- Tracking Code
- 2007-05 (DTX)
- Job Description
- DreamWorks Animation
Job Title: Post Production Assistant, TV
Reports To: Post Production Supervisor; Manager, Post Production
Assists the Post Supervisor in day to day activities to ensure projects run smoothly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tracks footage delivery deadlines; downloads and posts footage. Alerts editors and assistant editors of deliveries received.
- Responsible for picture retake lists, relaying retake lists and gathering clarification materials for outside studios.
- Distributes and posts QTs for internal and external review; tracking all notes that arise from these reviews.
- Attends sessions and takes thorough notes; ensures they are distributed to all appropriate production staff.
- Facilitates communication with partner studios by answering retake questions and coordinating the delivery of clarification materials in a timely manner.
- Assists in general administrative duties, correspondence, and organization of all post related materials.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook; familiarity with Gmail, google docs.
- Knowledge of Shotgun, Photoshop, Illustrator a plus but not essential
- Dependable, punctual, resourceful. Available for OT as needed.
- Extremely organized, detailed, flexible, has a positive attitude, and a general interest and commitment to learning the post production pipeline.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS preferred, animation production/post experience a plus but not essential.
- Job Location
- Glendale, California, United States
- Position Type