CG PRODUCTION MANAGER
- Job Locations
Overview and Responsibilities
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Production Manager for an animated TV series with interactive components. This person will manage the daily activities of production. He or she must have experience either in CG animated TV series, video game production, or both. Real-time rendering experience is a big plus. Preference will be given for technical experience with real-time rendering and CG production pipelines.
- Communicate with Line Producer daily regarding the status of the department.
- Coordinate the workflow for all supervisors and artists in the CG Department.
- Keep accurate daily output information of all departments, and enforce deadlines.
- Alert LP of potential problems and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Update key production personnel on the status of all areas of production.
- Maintain and distribute weekly production schedule with accurate information to upper management and production staff.
- Run weekly department meetings.
- Supervise Production Coordinator(s) and Production Assistants; assist Line Producer in hiring, performance reviews and terminations for these positions.
- Oversee preparation production materials for shipping.
- Manage schedule to ensure production meets strict deadlines. Some of these duties include:
- Troubleshoot problem.
- Coordinate and supervise vendor studios.
- Coordinate and supervise freelance production staff.
- Assist in the scheduling of key production personnel.
- Schedule production meetings as necessary.
- Assist with ancillary projects; assist LP with special projects.
- Act as primary liaison with vendor studio(s).
- Facilitate communication in a timely manner between production unit and outside studio regarding production issues, questions and materials.
- Assist Post Supervisor in monitoring and facilitating retake process; ensure that lists and notes are communicated in a timely manner; monitor retake budget.
- Draft and coordinate all new hire paperwork for freelancers.
- Update Recruitment and Human Resources departments on all freelance and full-time hires.
- Review and approve weekly time sheets.
- Gather and submit new hire information to Human Resources.
- Coordinate Facilities and IS&T requests.
- Coordinate materials for festivals, awards, etc.
- Real-Time Rendering experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Maya, Word, Excel, Outlook, familiarity with internet and email.
- Knowledge of EPBudgeting, FileMaker Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess complete knowledge of animation production process.
- BA/BS preferred, or 2 â€“ 3 years of animation production / video game experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experien