Title: Animatic Editor
Reports To: Line Producer and Editorial Supervisor
Generate timed video of storyboard panels, audio, and sound effects to serve as animation reference.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for generating a rough assembly cut of the episode based on the Directorâ€™s notes and vision.
- Ensure that the rough assembly is reviewed and approved by Director and other creative department heads. Generate notes and apply to ensure that animatic pitch timing is accurate.
- Ensure that quality issues and clarity are adhered to for sound. As needed, add temporary sound effects from sound libraries.
- Ensure appropriate production crew members are aware of the temp music, sound requests and any quality issues.
- Participate in animatic pitch sessions and maintain responsibility for all revisions to animatic.
- Work with Director to intake animatic notes, provide revisions, clarify feedback and generate an output of the locked animatic and prepare for shipping to vendor studios.
- Create outputs of pitch animatic and locked animatic for shipping to partner studios.
- Ensure production staff is made aware of pickup lines and scratch dialog.
- Responsible for timely delivery of deliverables and partner with production to ensure issues or concerns are elevated as needed.
- Create edit list as a reference for partner studios to ensure timing is accurate.