Maya Previs Animator
Pixomondo – Los Angeles, CA
Create previs versions of sequences and shots that help support the director’s intention via appropriate use of camera lenses & movement, composition, staging, motion blocking and editing.
Previs artists are tasked with producing creative and effective visual solutions to support both the story and technical requirements of films.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Follow Director(s) creative direction in the layout process.
• Adhere to the complexity of the movie.
• Take the vision of the Director(s), and block the existing boards to create a 3D version of the story reel with a unique layout of shots.
• Work with the Director(s) and CG Supervisor on the iterations of each shot/sequence.
• Define and interpret specific instructions from the Director(s) and production.
• Responsible for being knowledgeable about software used on the production, as it relates to the Rough Layout department.
• Adhere to Pipeline protocols for the Layout department, as governed by Production Engineering.
• Remain accountable for assigned shot count management through Layout process.
• Responsible for adhering to the complexity of the movie, within the scope of production.
• Responsible for adhering to the production schedule.
• Responsible for participation in the unification and initiatives for the studio within the RLO department.
• Attend meetings with RLO artists to keep the crew informed on show changes and requirements.
• Communicate in a timely fashion with APM and Production for all inter-department concerns.
• Attend Layout Reviews, Launches and Approvals with Production.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or Computer Animation required or equivalent work experience.
• 2+ years of experience creating cinematic pre-visualizations or rough layout for CG animation using MAYA.
• A strong interest in Rough Layout, Set Dressing and Stereoscopy.
• Knowledge in scene, shot, camera, and character composition is preferred.
• Exposure to modeling, lighting, texturing and animation is preferred.
• A good working knowledge of the principles of cinematic staging, blocking and camera work.
Job Type: Full-time
• Los Angeles, CA