|Instructor- Visual Effects – 08720
University of Colorado – College of Arts and Media
Instructor- Visual Effects
The Visual Arts Department in the College of Arts & Media at the University of Colorado Denver (UCD) seeks a qualified individual to fill a full-time faculty position as an Instructor of Visual Effects. This position, with a starting date of August 2017, will have a teaching load of eight courses per academic year and will also be responsible for re-developing two existing classes in Particles, Dynamics, Visual Effects and Compositing.
THE DIGITAL ANIMATION CENTER
Ranked by Animation CareerReview as #19 of the top 50 Public Animation Schools and Colleges in the U.S the Digital Animation Center program provides an uncompromising level of university-level undergraduate instruction in the theory, practice and application of digital 3D media. DAC faculty are experienced professionals with many years of real, practical work experience in a wide variety of animation expertise from broadcast, film, museum, scientific visualization, simulation and the gaming industries. The goal of the Digital Animation Center is to bring together diverse scholars and practitioners to provide optimal learning experiences for students in creative imaging and visualization solutions for the evolving areas of research, production and entertainment.
The University of Colorado Denver and the College of Arts and Media
The University of Colorado Denver is comprised of the recently consolidated Denver Campus and the Anschutz Medical Campus. The consolidated university confers more graduate degrees each year than any other higher education institution in Colorado, offers over 130 degree programs in 13 schools and colleges, and brings in nearly $400 million annually in sponsored research.
The Denver Campus is located downtown next to a vibrant commercial and cultural district, three major professional sports venues, the Denver Convention Center, and city and state government oﬃces. The Denver Campus alone has anenrollment of over 15,000 learners, and has a highly diverse student population.
The College of Arts & Media, located on the Downtown Denver campus, offers B.F.A. and B.A. degrees in Studio Arts, Art History, Film and Television and B.S. and M.S. degrees in Music with studies in the rapidly growing field of audio forensics. Visual Arts majors select programs in Art History, Drawing, Illustration, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Digital Design and Digital Animation.
- A minimum of four to six years of relevant, practical and professional experience in Visual Effects
- Strong portfolio of work that reflects a high degree of knowledge in Visual Effects
- Strong understanding of the overall production pipeline
- Expertise with Maya, Houdini and Nuke
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to convey the conceptual and applied aspects of knowledge to a broad range of students
- Committed to excellence in teaching, learning and to working within a team environment
- Ability to maintain a climate that is collegial, that respects and values diversity, that treats faculty, staff and learners fairly and that is hospitable to creativity and innovation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Masters degree in animation or related field
- Strong history of teaching courses at the university level and course creation
- Proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated initiative and strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Dedication to curricular innovation
- Internship/industry/education connection and collaboration skills and project management.
- Strong network of contacts with other professionals, agencies and employers
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Review of applications will begin on April 1, 2017 and continue until the position is ﬁlled. For more information on the College of Arts & Media, or the University of Colorado Denver in the downtown Denver campus, visit our websites at www.ucdenver.edu or cam.ucdenver.edu. The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08720
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please be advised that the University does check references as part of the employment process.
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Department: D0001 — Denver Campus – 30120 – CAM-Visual Arts
: Mar 3, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Bryan Leister
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00668157