Title: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Character Modeler, TV
Department:Â Â TV Production HUB
Reports To:Â Â Production Supervisor, TV
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for creating models during prebuild including characters, character blend shapes, and character UV unwraps.
- Ensure that character assets are of high quality while staying within the productionâ€™s parameters, pipeline and schedule detailed and adaptable to various styles.
- Generate overview notes for the designs in order to meet the requirements for the production.
- Responsible for ensuring all deliverables are completed on time and according to production standards.
- Ensure that creative and technical Modeling standards are adhered to by partner studio within the confines of the production schedule.
- Provide recommendation and suggestions for designs and animatics while ensuring timelines are met.
- Document workflows and processes using Camtasia video and Publisher software.
- Review & note assets submitted by our Partner Studios.
- Serve as character modeling point person in show specific meetings and reviews.
- Complete all tasks within a timely manner.
- Required Skills
- Ideally 2-4 years of industry experience in film, broadcast, and/or games
- Advanced knowledge of hard surface characters and organic models.
- Intricate understanding of Mayaâ€™s referencing system and ability to organize complex hierarchies.
- Solid modeling and rigging skills.
- Prior experience working in a fast paced production environment.
- Creative problem solving skills and adaptability skills.
- Job Location
- Glendale, California, United States
- Position Type