- Title: Texture Artist, TV
Department:Â Â Texture
Reports To: Line Producer, TV Â / Art Director, TV/VFX Supervisor
The Texture Artist will primarily paint 2D line art in Photoshop to give the characters, locations and props the final CG look of the show. In addition, they will specifically describe the texture, color and material properties for the surface of the asset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize Photoshop to paint 2D line art to give the characters, locations and props the final CG look of the show. It would be beneficial to have some experience painting CG models in Mari.
- Able to align with style of the show and utilize specific styles to texture characters, props, and sets.
- Collaborate with the Art Director and VFX Supervisor to help create the textures for our CG assets.
- Required Skills
- Minimum 2 yearsâ€™ experience in the television, feature film or gaming industries.
- Strong background in texture painting, color theory and application.
- Able to paint, texture and demonstrate strong artistic skills.
- Experience creating high quality texture maps, including all supporting maps (transparency, specular, bump, etc).
- Understanding of the CG pipeline, UV layout and principles.
- Mari, Maya and UV unwrapping skills a plus, but are not required.
- Flexible to changes, able to multitask, prioritize and follow through on requests.
- Job Location
- Glendale , California, United States
- Position Type
Texture Artist-DreamWorks TV
Bookmark the permalink.