The Production Coordinator is responsible for the assignment and tracking of tasks for assigned area of responsibility. Facilitates the movement of shots between teams, coordinates daily reviews, and communicates status updates to ensure the delivery of shots on schedule. Provides administrative support to the production management team and supervisors.
- Under the guidance of the Production Supervisor, tracks progress of tasks for assigned artists or sequences in the production tracking system.
- Â Â Â Â Â Maintains production tracking system with revisions, omits, and shot length changes; notifies the affected crew as needed.
- Partners with other production personnel to ensure shots are scheduled and delivered in a timely manner.
- Follows up with Artist Leads on a daily basis to ensure task deliveries remain on schedule; communicates any schedule changes to appropriate Artist Leads, Supervisors and Production team as needed.
- Coordinates all client deliveries (outgoing and incoming), both physical deliveries and digital deliveries, with I/O Coordinator and maintains log of all deliveries.
- Responsible for multiple dailies sessions each day, as well as client reviews.
- Taking clear and accurate notes in all dailies and review sessions, and disseminating notes to all necessary parties and within production software.
- Generates and maintains production reports; including nightly production updates for assigned projects.
- Generally providing overall production support to the production management team.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in film, art, communications or related field preferred.
- 2+ years proven production experience in established VFX or post production facility.
- Demonstrable experience in highly technical, dynamic departments is a must.
- Experience with heavy schedule management in a very time sensitive atmosphere.
- Must be diligent, resourceful, meticulous and able to thrive under pressure.
- Thorough understanding of CG/VFX production pipelines, software packages and post-production is essential.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail coupled with exceptional people skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong project management skills and a sensitivity towards deadline related deliveries.
- Must be able to handle multiple changing priorities in a dynamic environment and understand how this impacts departmental schedules.
- Able to communicate effectively across multiple teams with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills are required; with particular emphasis on Production Tracking Software and Asset Management, Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, Office, and standard PC applications.
- Knowledge of Nuke is very helpful
- Knowledge and understanding of stereoscopic production and 2D/3D conversion not required but a plus.
About Stereo D:
Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery. Formed in 2009, the company works with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen. Stereo D has completed work for such films as JURASSIC WORLD, ANT MAN, THE AVENGERS, JURASSIC PARK in 3D, TITANIC in 3D to name a few. The company also provides end-to-end 3D production services on feature films, television productions and commercials.
Stereo D is a business run by filmmakers, valuing artistic excellence and speaking the language of film. Our production teams and artists are among the best in the business, driven by an innate passion for all things film. Our unique artist-centric environment enables our people the creative freedom to conceptually support the creative visions of directors, delivering the finest, most dynamic 3D imagery in entertainment.
Stereo D is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deluxe Entertainment Services, an Equal Opportunity Employer.