What is your name and your current occupation?
Allwyn Lopes, Animation Director at Snipple Animation India
What are some of the crazier jobs you had before getting into animation?
Sculpting Indian Mythological Gods
What are some of your favourite projects you’re proud to have been a part of?
Tinker Bell 1. 2 and 3
How did you become interested in animation?
I was inspired by Lion King, and i was curious to know how its done, which motivated me to get into animation
Where are you from and how did you get into the animation business?
Mumbai, It was a part of my curriculum in Raheja School of arts
What’s a typical day like for you with regards to your job?
At Snipple we make sure its a fun place to work, and I encourage artists to act their shots to be a part of their characters
What part of your job do you like best? Why?
Personally sit on shots to animate them
What part of your job do you like least? Why?
Dealing with deadlines and making sure the quality is up to the mark
What kind of technology do you work with on a daily basis?
What is the most difficult part for you about being in the business?
Bringing the best out of my artists in the least amount of time
In your travels, have you had any brushes with animation greatness?
Brad bird and Mike Young
Describe a tough situation you had in life.
Balancing personal and professional life
Any side projects or you’re working on that you’d like to share details of?
I had taken a break to design educational wooden toys for small kids under the name of Turtle Toys
Any unusual talents or hobbies like tying a cherry stem with your tongue or metallurgy?
Paintings, Sketching, Portrait and landscape Photography
Is there any advice you can give for an aspiring animation student or artist trying to break into the business?
Be creative and don’t rush art
Subscribe to Animation Insider via Email
Top Posts & Pages
Interviews by Month
Categories2d Animation 2D Animator 3D Animation 3D Animator 3D Studio Max Adobe After Effects Adobe Flash Adobe Illustrator Adobe Photoshop Adobe Premiere Animation Animation Director Animator Cal Arts Cartoon Cartoon Network Character Design Chuck Jones Comic Book Director Disney Dreamworks Final Cut Pro Glen Keane Hanna Barbera Illustrator jobs Looney Tunes Mac Pro Maya News Nickelodeon Pixar Producer Sketchbook Pro Story Artist Storyboard Artist Storyboarding Storyboard Pro Toon Boom ToonBoom Storyboard Pro Wacom Cintiq Wacom Tablet Warner Bros. Writer
- Derek Carter on Derek Carter
- Sagpi on Promote your stuff!
- Rick on For Sale: Old Warner Bros Animation Discs
- Harry A. Long on Kevin Long
- Jennierose Lavender (JR) on Great Animation Clips!
- Jennierose Lavender on Dermot O Connor
- Lori Tucker on Don Cameron
- Kilian Muster on Promote your stuff!
- James Patrick Regan on Keith Baxter
- Daryle Smith on Spartaco Margioni
- 8 People who Helped Build the Philippine BPO Industry - Kalibrr Blog on Jose Mari “Joma” Santiago
- willies smith on Michelle Lin
- Johan Klingler on Johan Anton Klingler
- Robert Sledge on Robert Sledge
- Terry Reece on Robert Sledge
- Craig Wilson on Craig Wilson
- Tyler Barnhoorn on For Sale: Old Warner Bros Animation Discs
- Anthony s montalbano on For Sale: Old Warner Bros Animation Discs
- Animation Insider Interview – Diana David on Diana David
- Jenn Stout on Jennifer Patton