Character Animator (Feature Film) – ANIMATION
This position is for a senior character animator for our “RockDog” feature animation team.
In our Dallas studio location ONLY!
The senior animator is responsible for bringing characters to life by creating performances based off the storyboards and layout to the Directors vision. We are looking for proactive, ambitious, self-starters who are excited to work for a growing company.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Create lip-sync, facial, and body character animation as well as prop animation
· Partner with the Director, Animation Supervisor and other staff in order to understand and execute creative direction
· Maintain high quality and productivity throughout projects
· Communicate work status to the Animation Supervisor and Production Management staff
· Attend dailies, accurately address critique and comments from supervisors, and complete revisions in a timely manner
· Consistently meet production deadlines
Education and Experience Requirements
Requires 3 – 5 years experience in Feature Film production with an emphasis on character animation
· Strong demonstration of animation principles, timing, and acting choices
· Ability to create broad and subtle styles of animation
· Proficient with Maya
· Ability to work in a team environment and take direction
· Ability to provide feedback to other artists
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
· A creative problem solver who is organized and critical of his or her own work.
· A history of consistent high-end aesthetic and technical execution
Note: This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization