Walt Disney Animation Studios has been combining the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. We are currently seeking Stereo Artists to join our Burbank, CA studio.
Our Stereo Artists are challenged to create the most immersive and watchable stereo shots for our newest stories in production now and also to recreate our classic titles for 3D re-release. Our ideal candidate has great sense of cinematography and has a passion for visual storytelling.
- Work directly with Stereo Supervisor, Layout Supervisor, Director of Look and Lighting and directors to create immersive and comfortable 3D images in support of the story
- Responsible for creation, delivery, and notes on 3D end-to-end
- Stereo Layout Duties – Configure the stereoscopic parameters of CG animatic shots using our custom stereo camera rig to achieve the stereoscopic supervisor’s creative goals for each shot.
- Stereo Layout Finaling Duties – Adapt the stereoscopic parameters to account for final animated performances and camera changes. Create test renders to validate stereo setups.
- Stereo Final Color Duties – Correct stereo artifacts introduced in the lighting and compositing of shots. Make creative adjustments to final images to enhance for the stereoscopic version of the film.
- Use compositing based depth sculpting techniques to add dimension to 2D elements such as matte paintings and enhance or modify the depth of 3D elements.
- Bachelors degree in Art, Film, Illustration, Computer Graphics, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience desired
- Exceptional artistic and technical skills
- Previous production experience on Stereoscopic feature films; Stereoscopic animated film experience preferred
- Experience working in collaborative environments and taking direction
- Solid understanding of the Stereoscopic principles
- Knowledge of rendering and compositing
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Solid understanding of Maya and Nuke
- Comfort with Linux environments
- Experience in Layout a plus
- Experience in Lighting a plus
Visual examples of images exemplifying work in this area are requested for review. Additionally, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile.
You can find out more here.