Animation First challenges the public perception that animation is just for kids, which can be exemplified through this clever and funny Opening Night teaser trailer. The teaser begins with some clips from the trailer of the beloved 3D family film Minuscule: Valley of the Lost Ants, followed by a title card that then reads, “Send the kids home, stay for the shorts!” after which, we see clips from the Erotic Animated Shorts, where animators let their imaginations run wild. Sensual, erotic, naughty, poetic or risqué, these fanciful and unconventional shorts celebrate passion, desire and fantasies.
With 12 US and New York premieres, Animation First presents ambitious, innovative, and award-winning animated feature and short films, virtual reality, video games, and more, coming out of France’s most exciting studios and art schools. Animation First features special screenings and events for all ages, putting audiences in the front seat of 3D animation, works in progress, interactive workshops on drawing and sound effects, gaming demonstrations, and panel discussions with leading artists and studio executives.
The Erotic Animated short film titles are:
- Tempête dans une chambre à coucher (Storm in a Bedroom), Laurence Arcadias, Juliette Marchand, 2011. 11 min. No dialogue.
- Braise (Ember), Hugo Frassetto, 2012. 7 min. In French with English Subtitles.
- Tram (Tram), Michaela Pavlátová, 2012. 7 min. No dialogue.
- Des câlins dans les cuisines (Cuddles in the kitchens). Sébastien Laudenbach, 2004. 8 min. No dialogue.
- Daphné ou la belle plante (Daphné or the good-looking girl), Sylvain Derosne, Sébastien Laudenbach, 2015. 15 min. In French with English Subtitles.
- Fol’Amor (Fol’Amor), Augustin Clermont, Gilles Cortella, 2013. 2 min. No dialogue
- Qui j’ose aimer (Who to Love), Laurence Deydier Hugo Frassetto, 2015. 7 min. No dialogue.
- Chaud Lapin (Horny Evil), Flora Andrivon, Soline Bejuy, Maël Berreur, 2014. 5 min. No dialogue.
- Shéhérazade (Sheherazade), Florence Miailhe, 1993. 16 min. In French with English Subtitles.