3D Animation Instructor
- Lecture and teach in a classroom setting on a daily basis.
- Teach fundamentals and advanced topics in character animation using Maya.
- Provide creative direction and criticism to students on assignments. This can include character animation research and animation blocking, and animation polish.
- Teach problem solving – students need to constantly strive via research to optimize, fix and enhance an effective animation production pipeline.
- Work closely with art faculty to develop an ongoing and constantly improving curriculum that reflects industry trends.
- Organize and manage time efficiently for multiple classes.
- Grade, critique and input assignment data on a weekly basis.
- Act in the capacity of an academic advisor for students.
- MFA degree in art or media related field.
- Teaching experience and/or demonstrated training experience.
- Extensive professional experience in art, not necessarily limited to computer/video games or animation.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in art or media related field.
- Relevant industry experience is desirable.
- At least 4 years experience animating characters in the role of Animator whether for games or cinematic.
- Proficient in animating using Maya.
- A Reel/Portfolio showing animation, and 2d art skills.