Sr. Story Board Artist wanted
The Sr. Storyboard Artist works with the head of Story and the film’s director to work out complex staging, acting and action sequences.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Possesses the ability to take a sequence from conception to completion as directed by Director
• Able to not only interpret the Writer/Director vision, but also embellish it, furthering the theme of the movie.
• Capable of adapting to different styles of productions and handle a wide variety of sequences, from action to comedy to drama
• Is an accomplished draftsman and capable of creating images that support the needs of the sequence.
• Able to capture the scope and depth required of modern stereoscopic movies, and has the ability to express character emotion through facial expression and acting.
• Able to pitch their sequences with clarity, and have the ability to articulate their ideas through images as well as verbally.
• Well versed in cinematic terminology and able to use film language at a level that allows them to communicate clearly with the director.
• Possess a deep knowledge of cinematography and the ability to incorporate that knowledge into their story boards.
• Is supportive of the team, and understands that they have the responsibility to act as role models and promote a good work ethic in the department.
• Ensures the team is productive by answering questions that arise and providing mentoring and training
• Assists/guides Storyboard team in the execution of their assignments
• File management ” organize work/files efficiently
• Ensures the Supervisor/Directors instructions are clearly carried out by providing specific guidelines and framework for the given production.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Animation, Cinematography, or related field; or equivalent professional experience
• Requires 5 years minimum experience in Feature Film and/or Commercial production with an emphasis on story
• Strong draftsmanship skills
• Ability to create broads in a variety of styles
• Proficient with Photoshop and/or equivalent program
• Ability to work in a team environment and take direction
• Ability to provide feedback to other artists
Note: This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization