THIS IS FOR OUR DALLAS LOCATION!!!!
We are currently hiring for our action-packed CG animated feature that tells the story of a Romeo and Juliet style love story set against a Mexican “Day of the Dead” back drop directed by Jorge Gutierrez (”El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera”) and produced by Guillermo de Toro!
Under the direct supervision of the Rigging Supervisor, this position is responsible for character, vehicle, and prop set up and designing rigs that allow for clean interaction during animation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Able to complete tasks with minimal supervision and feedback.
• Able to train or supervise a specified task.
• Able to communicate effectively with non-rigging artists.
• Able to step into a temporary Lead role if necessary.
• Able to create larger tools to work in our pipeline.
• Able to create complex custom modules that work within the module system and rigging pipeline.
• Possess a solid understanding of the overall studio pipeline
• Able to problem solve issues for other departments
• Work closely with Animators to develop rigs that will allow animators the full range of motion and acting that is called for by the story, as well as, a logical and easy to use control structure
• Communicate needs for custom tools, scripts, etc, to Rigging Supervisor, other Riggers, and TD’s. Assist in the planning and design, as well as developing the tools and scripts as needed.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Reel FX pipeline
• Communicate work status to Rigging Supervisor, and others, as required.
• Constantly be learning and experimenting with new techniques to better our process.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s (BA) degree from accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience
• 5 years production experience
• A strong understanding of animation and modeling workflows
• A strong understanding of human and animal form and bio-mechanics.
• Ability to create rigs that allow for a full range of movement, with a logical, easy to use, and well thought out control structure.
• Excellent knowledge of maya, with a strong understanding of the dependency graph, utility nodes, and the use of expressions. A working knowledge of MEL is a must. A working knowledge of Python is preferred. Knowledge of the C++ API is not required, but is a distinct advantage.
• A general understanding of the principles of animation. Must be able to think like an animator when considering how rigs will move. Prior animation experience is a plus.
• Ability to work in a team environment, possess strong communication skills, exhibit a high level of motivation.
• Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
• Able to multi-task and prioritize
• Able to thrive in a high pressure, deadline oriented environment
• Able to follow directions well.
Note: This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.