Stereo D is currently seeking a Roto Lead based in Toronto.
The Lead Roto artist is responsible for giving detailed instruction per shot on all projects for international facilities while also being extremely experienced in all facets of roto to provide quick fixes and roto in a timely fashion.
- Give detailed instruction and provide annotations on all shots sent out for roto
- Assess a complexity level and estimate the number of man days needed to finish a shot
- Responsible for fast and efficient roto on complex shots as needed or time allows assuring accuracy and quality
- Interviews and reviews potential candidates when requested and recommends for hiring
- Travel internationally to work within intercompany studios when needed
- Review and assess the changes needed to new versions of plates
- Work closely with other department heads and relay notes to International team
- Quality control on elements from local and outsource talent, delivered to Roto department
- Review/revise roto work coming into the studio for quality assurance
- 2+ years of professional experience in rotoscopy and/or compositing
- Strong Knowledge of Silhouette and Nuke
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with external vendors/clients
- Previous experience as a lead artist or leading a team of artists is ideal
- Leadership skills such as mentorship, giving direction, feedback and assigning work needed
- Some experience with Stereo Conversion
- Knowledge of Windows ideal
We’re looking for the best in the business. If this sounds like you, please apply using the link below!
About Stereo D
Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery. Formed in 2009 and acquired by Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. in 2011, the company works with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen. Stereo D has completed work for such films as JURASSIC WORLD, ANT MAN, THE AVENGERS, JURASSIC PARK and TITANIC in 3D to name a few. The company also provides end-to-end 3D production services on feature films, television productions and commercials.
Stereo D is a business run by filmmakers, valuing artistic excellence and speaking the language of film. Our production teams and artists are among the best in the business, driven by an innate passion for all things film. Our unique artist-centric environment enables our people the creative freedom to conceptually support the creative visions of directors, delivering the finest, most dynamic 3D imagery in entertainment.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.