Walt Disney Animation Studios
Walt Disney Animation Studios has an exciting opportunity for a Character Modeler to join the team at our Burbank, CA studio. As a Modeler at our studio, you will build complex 3D models including organic characters. Youll work with a team of artists, including Visual Development Artists and Character TDs to interpret designs, and build and refine models for production.
* Character modelers work with polygonal and subdivision topologies to create surface models ranging from highly-stylized cartoon characters to photo-realistic fantasy creatures
* Take direction from Leads and Supervisors and feedback from Directors
* Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of Animation, VFX, or Video Game industry experience modeling in polygons/Sub Ds using Maya
* Ability to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction from the Model Lead, CG
* Ability to work well in teams consisting of rigging, animation and character design
* Supervisor and feedback from the Art Director and Directors(s) as necessary
* Proven ability to be detail oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment
* Strong problem solving skills
* Candidates focusing on character modeling should show stylized characters
* All candidates should include 2D reference images when applicable
* Proficiency with ZBrush
* Experience with Mudbox
* Strong knowledge of related field such as anatomy
* Experience with traditional 3D sculpting
* Experience with character rigging
* Experience with texture/shading
* Facial blend shape targets
* Scripting (MEL, Python, Perl) background a plus
Application Visual examples of images exemplifying work in this area are requested for review. Additionally, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile. When applicable, wireframes, close up of rotating heads, and 2D reference art should be shown.
You can apply for this job by clicking this link.