Responsible for ensuring that the storyboards align with the outline / script and the Director’s vision and feedback.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with creative department heads to review goals and vision for the storyboards and discuss concerns, timelines and complexity given parameters of the schedule.
- Ensure storyboards align with the creative goals of the leadership team and encompass storytelling objectives.
- Work closely with creative department heads to discuss issues, address questions and ensure optimum collaboration.
- Pitch thumbnails or roughs to director and creative department heads
- Work in conjunction with animatic editor to ensure that the rough animatic includes all appropriate poses prior to the animatic pitch.
- Ensure that production staff and creative department heads are aware of status of assignments and any concerns about meeting deadlines or shifts in schedule. Responsible for completing all deliverables on time and according to production schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring that the vision and style of the show is consistent and adhered to across all episodes in the storyboards.
- Submit work that appropriately aligns with production requirements and workflow guidelines requirements (i.e., naming conventions and storage).
- Ability to align with style of show.
- Strong knowledge of staging and composition skills. Ability to draw characters on model.
- Knowledge of software and hardware, including Cintiq and Photoshop or other applicable storyboarding software
- Able to write clear and specific direction on storyboards
- Solid and consistent time-management skills
- Work well under pressure
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years storyboard experience and/or training on a similar show; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BA/BS preferred
How to Apply
Include a resume and cover letter. We require both for all submissions.
To submit your information, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put the position name (or code if applicable) in the subject line
We apologize that due to the volume of submissions we’re unable to personally respond to each applicant or inquiry. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you.