Disney Studios in Burbank, CA. is seeking Effects artists!
From the site:
Job DescriptionWalt Disney Animation Studios has been combining the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. Â We currently have an exciting opportunity for Effects Artists to join the team at our Burbank, CA studio.Effects artists are the magicians of the Disney animated film process. Whether giving nature a style makeover or creating hyperrealism, the Disney Effects team pushes the envelope of what is possible. Challenging the status quo, both technically and artistically, our goal is to create the unexpected and to invoke an emotional impact that supports the storyâ€™s creative vision.
- Design, execute, and support a variety of high-quality photorealistic and stylized visual effects
- Develop all effects from conception through completion within production deadlines in a pipeline-consumable form
- Work closely with the Lighting Department to achieve desired look and integration of rendered effects. Provide Lighting with a composite network defining element context and usage
- Bring authorship, emotional impact, and art direction to various effects through a creative, artistic vision while meeting the directorâ€™s vision in an efficient manner
- Work with the Effects Supervisor to design technical approaches and establish artistic goals for projects or sequences
- Participate as a proactive team member to determine and share various design and technical solutions
- Challenge the status quo for effects by developing innovative tools and/or techniques
- 3+ years experience in CG visual effects production for animation, live-action film, or television
- Advanced procedural and dynamic simulation experience with high-end 3D software: â€œHoudiniâ€ preferred; â€œMayaâ€ a plus, or equivalent package; Nuke or equivalent compositing tools; and experience with Renderman a plus
- Proficiency with fluid simulations, rigid simulations, particle systems, and FX pipeline authorship using procedural animation techniques
- Linux and scripting ability in Python preferred; shader and C++ skills also applicable
- Strong understanding of animation fundamentals, including timing and appeal.
- Good â€œeyeâ€ toward light, color, design, and composition. Observation skills of natural phenomena, comprehension of physics, and ability to implement
- Flexible problem-solving skills and attention to detail and quality
- Very open to direction
- Participate in and embrace a culture of continual innovation and change
- Strong communication skills including the ability to clearly convey both artistic and technical concepts and processes
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative workspace, work well alone or within a team, as well as with other departments
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Art, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experienceVisual examples of images exemplifying work in this area are requested for review. Â Additionally, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile.
You can read more here.