- Â Â Â Receive & understand Character Design assignment from Art Director/Design Supervisor.
- Â Â Â Ask appropriate questions to understand & complete the task.
- Â Â Â Review Storyboard to ensure continuity of character designs.
- Â Â Â Complete all character designs.
- Â Â Â Make any changes or revisions and re-submit to Art Director/Design Supervisor for approval.
- Â Â Â Communicate with Design Supervisor & Production Manager regarding status of work and any problems that arise.
- Â Â Â Ensure quality & style of show is achieved.
- Â Â Â Complete work on schedule.
- Â Â Â Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show
- Â Â Â Strong character design and construction/mechanical skills
- Â Â Â Must be proficient with Photoshop, & Illustrator.
- Â Â Â Strong time-management skills
- Â Â Â Work well under pressure
- Â Â Â Ability to multitask a plus
- Â Â Â Should have strong artistic skills as well as technical skills.
- Â Â Â Relevant drawing experience necessary
- Â Â Â BA in Fine Arts or equivalent work experience highly desired
PLEASE NOTE:Â Will require a test.
HOW TO APPLY
You MUST submit a portfolio in order to be considered for artistic positions!
Online Portfolio Instructions:
Do you have a website/blog youâ€™d like us to review as your portfolio submission? If so, please be sure to upload your resume and website link in the online application process. Please include the website link on your resume. You MUST upload the portfolio release form to your application. You can add additional attachments in the resume section.
To download the form, please go to:Â http://nas.nick.com/SubmissionReleaseForm.pdf
Physical Portfolio Instructions:
Will you be mailing your flat book to us as your portfolio submission? If so, you must complete your online application and then submit a flat book along with your portfolio release form directly to the animation studio. Before we can review your portfolio, you MUST fill out the portfolio release form.
To download the form, please go to:
Mail the completed form along with your portfolio to:Â http://nas.nick.com/SubmissionReleaseForm.pdf
Nickelodeon Animation Studio
Attn: Portfolio Submissions
231 West Olive Avenue
Burbank, CA 91502
Please allow 4 – 6 weeks for processing, local candidates will be called when your portfolio is ready for pick-up. Out of state portfolio submissions will no longer be returned.
You can apply here.