Reel FX is looking to hire additional character animators for their animated feature Turkeys.
From the site:
We are currently recruiting for a few more Character Animators on “Turkeys” our first animated feature film. Turkeys is about two turkeys who discover a time machine in a secret government lab and decide to go back to the first Thanksgiving in order to get turkeys off the menu.
This is for our awesome Santa Monica location!
The Animator is responsible for bringing characters to life by creating performances based off the storyboards and layout to the Directors vision. We are looking for proactive, ambitious, self-starters who are excited to work for a growing company.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Create lip-sync, facial, and body character animation as well as prop animation
· Partner with the Director, Animation Supervisor and other staff in order to understand and execute creative direction
· Maintain high quality and productivity throughout projects
· Communicate work status to the Animation Supervisor and Production Management staff
· Attend dailies, accurately address critique and comments from supervisors, and complete revisions in a timely manner
· Consistently meet production deadlines
Education and Experience Requirements
· Requires some experience in Feature Film and/or Commercial production with an emphasis on animation
· Strong demonstration of animation principles, timing, and acting choices
· Ability to create broad and subtle styles of animation
· Proficient with Maya
· Ability to work in a team environment and take direction
· Ability to provide feedback to other artists
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
· A creative problem solver who is organized and critical of his or her own work.
· A history of consistent high-end aesthetic and technical execution
Note: This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
You can find out more here.