What is your name?
What is your current occupation?
What would you say has been your primary job in animation?
What are some of the crazier jobs you had before getting into animation?
What are some of your favorite projects you’re proud to have been a part of?
How did you become interested in animation?
Where are you from and how did you get into the animation business?
I was born in Los Angeles and grew up in Hollywood Calif. I lived with a well known Photographer ( Earl Leaf ) for 10 years.I got into animation from a Disney lunch visit and was hooked, at that point I knew what I wanted to do. I when to Cal Arts the next year and that same year got a job at Disney but I didn’t accept, I was wooed away by Dreamworks plus I didn’t have to move to Florida I was already living in Glendale where DW is currently.
What’s a typical day like for you with regards to your job?
I work at home, sometimes I’m required to fly to a studio and to give lectures but mostly I have it easy at my home in Oregon.
What part of your job do you like best? Why?
I like a blank sheet and very little description of what the client wants me to design up. I’ve been working with this lady in Oregon on kids books for about 3 years off & on and it’s a great job, we really like working together. She writes & I draw.
What part of your job do you like least? Why?
I don’t like explaining to my parents that I actually do have a job.
What kind of technology do you work with on a daily basis?
a tough situation you had in life.
I’m guessing in life not just animation? If that’s the case I would say loosing my Mother to schizophrenia, it was while I was living in the Hollywood hills. This story is too long to tell but if anyone wants to Facebook me, the story is on there with photographs.
Any unusual talents or hobbies like tying a cherry stem with your tongue or metallurgy?
Is there any advice you can give for an aspiring animation student or artist trying to break into the business?
Subscribe to Animation Insider via Email
Top Posts & Pages
Interviews by Month
Categories2d Animation 2D Animator 3D Animation 3D Animator 3D Studio Max Adobe After Effects Adobe Flash Adobe Illustrator Adobe Photoshop Adobe Premiere Animation Animation Director Animator Cal Arts Cartoon Cartoon Network Character Design Chuck Jones Comic Book Director Disney Dreamworks Final Cut Pro Glen Keane Hanna Barbera Illustrator jobs Looney Tunes Mac Pro Maya News Nickelodeon Pixar Producer Sketchbook Pro Story Artist Storyboard Artist Storyboarding Storyboard Pro Toon Boom ToonBoom Storyboard Pro Wacom Cintiq Wacom Tablet Warner Bros. Writer
- Derek Carter on Derek Carter
- Sagpi on Promote your stuff!
- Rick on For Sale: Old Warner Bros Animation Discs
- Harry A. Long on Kevin Long
- Jennierose Lavender (JR) on Great Animation Clips!
- Jennierose Lavender on Dermot O Connor
- Lori Tucker on Don Cameron
- Kilian Muster on Promote your stuff!
- James Patrick Regan on Keith Baxter
- Daryle Smith on Spartaco Margioni
- 8 People who Helped Build the Philippine BPO Industry - Kalibrr Blog on Jose Mari “Joma” Santiago
- willies smith on Michelle Lin
- Johan Klingler on Johan Anton Klingler
- Robert Sledge on Robert Sledge
- Terry Reece on Robert Sledge
- Craig Wilson on Craig Wilson
- Tyler Barnhoorn on For Sale: Old Warner Bros Animation Discs
- Anthony s montalbano on For Sale: Old Warner Bros Animation Discs
- Animation Insider Interview – Diana David on Diana David
- Jenn Stout on Jennifer Patton